Monday, July 6, 2015

XCode 6.4 and LaunchScreen Images

After upgrading to XCode 6.4 I started to experience a problem.

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5 - New iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image referenced in the info.plist under UILaunchImage with a UILaunchImageSize value set to {320, 568}. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images.

I thought including LaunchScreen.xib allows you not to have any static images, (because that makes so much sense considering the autolayout philosophy). It turns out that if you target iOS 7.1, and I believe you should as of the time of this post, you should also put two launch images for 3.5 inch and 4 inch phones. 

I am not sure why I wasn't experiencing this before, maybe I didn't delete the included LaunchScreen images(?) or XCode didn't use to check this before store submissions.

You don't need to include images for 6 and 6 plus because they can't run iOS 7.x, and LaunchScreen.xib takes care of iOS 8.x+.

Fastest way to overcome this problem is launch app in simulator and take screenshot (command+s) immediately on launch screen so that you have correct size images, then easily include them in the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment